Last Sunday, IQL player Darja Semenistaja won the 25,000K Tournament in Ystad (Sweden). It’s the third title in this category and first title in Sweden. Darja took a leap forward reaching top 300 WTA.
Darja’s road to the title:
- 1st Round vs Anna Marie Weissheim: 7-5, 6-2
- 2nd Round vs Kajsa Rinaldo Persson (WTA 812): 6-3, 1-6, 6-4
- Quarter-final vs Daria Lopatetska (WTA 672): 6-4, 6-3
- Semi-final vs Weronika Falkowska (WTA 310): 7-6(5), 6-3
- Final vs Sofia Nami Samavati, (WTA 359): 3-6, 6-3 6-1
The perfect response after an unsuccessful tour of three weeks in W25 Tbilisi (Georgia). Congratulations Darja and coach Thomas. Next stop: W60 Liepaja (Latvia).
“Those who win this tournament… they’ll soon become top 100” -Ystad tournament organisation
More news: Darja Claims Second W25 Title in Santa Margherita di Pula (Italy).